The experiments carried out with healthy subjects are the result of a collaboration with Diane M. Beck from the University of Illinois.
The lab is continuing this line of research by extending the investigation to patients with neglect, people with eating disorders and healthy subjects with strong artistic skills.
People working on these projects
- Alessia Manfredini (healthy subjects and neglect patients)
- Chiara Mazzi (artists)
- Beck DM, Emanuele B, Savazzi
S. (2013). A new illusion of height and width: taller people are
perceived as thinner. Psychon
Bull Rev. 20(6): 1154-60.
- Savazzi S, Bagattini C, Mazzi C. Does art shape our perceptual world? A study with visual illusions. Poster presented at the 1st Visual Science of Art Conference, Alghero, Italy, 1-2 September 2012.
- Savazzi S, Posteraro L, Manfredini A. How tall are we for a neglect patient? It depends on where we are. Poster presented at the Cognitive Neuroscience Society 19th Annual Meeting. Chicago, USA, 31 March - 3 April 2012.
- Savazzi S, Beck D, Emanuele B. Perché le donne amano i tacchi alti: una nuova illusione di grandezza? Poster presented at the XVII Congresso Nazionale AIP (Associazione Italiana di Psicologia), Sezione di Psicologia Sperimentale, Catania, Italy, 14-16 September 2011.
- Beck D, Emanuele B, Savazzi S. (2010) Why women wear heels: a new size illusion? Journal of Vision, 10(7): 965.
- Savazzi S, Emanuele B, Beck D. Perché le donne mettono i tacchi: una nuova illusione di grandezza? Poster presented at the “Congressino”, Medana (SLO), June 10-12, 2010.
- Savazzi S., Emanuele B., Beck D. Perché le donne amano i tacchi alti: una nuova illusione di grandezza? Poster presented at the XVI Congresso Nazionale AIP - Sezione di Psicologia Sperimentale, Bologna, Italy, 2-3 September 2010.
- Beck D., Emanuele B., Savazzi S., Why women wear heels: a new size illusion? Poster presented at the Vision Sciences Society 10th Annual Meeting, Naples, Florida, USA, 7-12 May 2010.